Topic: two of my teeth chipped and also have a gap between my front two teeth

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Azhar Sheikh two of my teeth chipped and also have a gap between my front two teeth

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh Dr Azhar Sheikh 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 9, 2012 at 8:25 pm #13018
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

I have had two of my teeth chipped and also have a gap between my front two teeth. I am very self conscious about it and was wondering about my options. One of my front two teeth on the right hand side is not level anymore and on the left hand side of my front teeth it was repaired with bonding but is not level with the other side. Any advice would be great.

Thanks for your help.

February 10, 2012 at 10:01 am #13046
Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh
Dr Azhar Sheikh

Thank you for your enquiry,

Firstly regarding the chipped teeth the treatment depends upon the cause of the chipping, the extent and what the effect is i.e. sensitive teeth, poor looks, sharpness etc. The treatment could vary from no intervention to bondings with resin, fillings or perhaps more extensive treatment. Your dentist can advise.

Possibly the chipped teeth are the front ones but it is not clear. The front teeth if the gap is minor may be treated by recontouring to level up, bondings, or veneers the latter two could be able to close the gap also.

This should be a fairly straight forward consult with your dentist who could advise. If you want to send me a photo I might be able to be more specific. Hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Azhar Sheikh
BDS Manc MFGDP UK
More About Dr Azhar Sheikh >
Write a review

Clinic(s):
Life Dental Implants - 27-29 Warwick Way, Victoria, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions