Topic: root Canal in my front bottom tooth x-ray showed an infection

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Azhar Sheikh root Canal in my front bottom tooth x-ray showed an infection

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh Dr Azhar Sheikh 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 9, 2012 at 8:07 pm #12984
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

I have been told I need a root Canal in my front bottom tooth as an x-ray showed an infection.  I have no pain whatsoever and my tooth looks healthy although my gum has receeded quite a bit. What would happen if I do not get root canal treatment?

February 10, 2012 at 10:08 am #13065
Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh
Dr Azhar Sheikh

Dear Caroline,

If an infection has been diagnosed then you have no option but to have a root canal or and extraction of the tooth. You have a chronic infection at present i.e. low grade and you have no pain. This can change to an acute infection without notice and cause serious pain and swelling and make you generally unwell you may lose the tooth. It would not be good to ignore this treatment.

Dr Azhar Sheikh
BDS Manc MFGDP UK
More About Dr Azhar Sheikh >
Write a review

Clinic(s):
Life Dental Implants - 27-29 Warwick Way, Victoria, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions