Topic: Please help I am absolutely terrified of going to a dentist

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Azhar Sheikh Please help I am absolutely terrified of going to a dentist

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh Dr Azhar Sheikh 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 14, 2012 at 11:33 am #14741
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

Please help I am absolutely terrified of going to a dentist and although I know i have a serious problem with my teeth……. gum disease which is now that bad on one tooth its down to the bone : ( broken teeth, I\’m devastated about the way I look and it\’s destroying my life, I\’m so embarassed and ashamed I\’ve let it go on like this but I just cant bring myself to go. Please help with any suggestions or maybe a dentist that will sedate me as I\’m in so much pain on a daily basis now I can\’t cope. Many Thanks 🙁

July 14, 2012 at 11:34 am #14742
Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh
Dr Azhar Sheikh

Dental phobias are very common and the dental team are well trained to manage such patients. What you need to do obviously is to search for a dentist in your area that offers sedation and start the process by having a full check up to establish your treatment needs. A practice that offers sedation should be well set up to take care of you in a calm and relaxed way. You really do not need to suffer as you seem to be doing. Get to a dentist soon – good luck,

Dr Azhar Sheikh
BDS Manc MFGDP UK
More About Dr Azhar Sheikh >
Write a review

Clinic(s):
Life Dental Implants - 27-29 Warwick Way, Victoria, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions