Topic: my daughter went to the dentist today. she has 8 cavities.

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Azhar Sheikh my daughter went to the dentist today. she has 8 cavities.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh Dr Azhar Sheikh 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm #12972
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

my daughter went to the dentist today. she has 8 cavities. They want to put silver caps on her 4 front teeth. her teeth look good no rotting and she isnt complaining. she is 4 yrs. old. Does she really need to get caps or can she get filings?

February 10, 2012 at 10:10 am #13071
Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh
Dr Azhar Sheikh

Dear Angie,

It’s a shame that your daughter has so many cavities at such a young age. There may be options to the metal caps but there must be something significantly wrong with the teeth for the dentist to recommend them. The sensible option would be to discuss all the options with the dentist prior to the treatment being carried out. It is also essential that your daughter’s diet is analysed to see what is causing the decay and prevention advice is given.

Dr Azhar Sheikh
BDS Manc MFGDP UK
More About Dr Azhar Sheikh >
Write a review

Clinic(s):
Life Dental Implants - 27-29 Warwick Way, Victoria, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions