Topic: My 19 year old daughter has had an agonising infection on a molar tooth.

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr V. J. Vadgama My 19 year old daughter has had an agonising infection on a molar tooth.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama Dr V. J. Vadgama 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
August 4, 2012 at 8:46 pm #15123
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

My 19 year old daughter has had an agonising infection on a molar tooth. The same thing happened 2 years ago. It has finally gone with antibiotics. Xrays showed infection. The tooth in question was filled with a white filling and didn\’t feel right from the start giving my daughter pain on eating until it finally settled. Now the dentist has said this tooth needs to be extracted or root filled as the problem is a very deeply filled tooth that attracts the infection. It is such a difficult choice. She seems far too young to lose a tooth but root canal work might fail and is costly and lengthy. I wonder if you could advise us. I also wonder whether the tooth might be saved just by removing the faulty white filling and giving it a good clean out and repaired with a silver filling. Do you think that is a possibility?

August 4, 2012 at 8:47 pm #15124
Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama
Dr V. J. Vadgama

I am sure if you discuss your request with your present dentist, then he or she should be able to offer you preferred treatment option to your daughter or refer
her to another dentist that will proceed wih her wish.

The issue of the cost will have to be discussed with the dentist and on a private basis most dentist will after making a diagnosis
and assessing the prognosis will carry out the appropriate treatment.

In cases of such nature, at our practice we use a material called riva silver + MTA lining material and there is a 50/50 chance
that it may buy more time

Hope this is helpful

http://www.woodburyclinic.co.uk/wp/white-fillings/

Dr V. J. Vadgama
B.D.S. L.D.S. R.C.S.
More About Dr V. J. Vadgama >

Clinic(s):
Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic - 149 High Street, Tenterden, Kent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions