Topic: I’ve been having infections because of my wisdom teeth for about 2 years now

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Avik Jonathan Dandapat I’ve been having infections because of my wisdom teeth for about 2 years now

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Avik Jonathan Dandapat Dr Avik Jonathan Dandapat 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 9, 2012 at 6:16 pm #12852
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

Hi, I’ve been having infections because of my wisdom teeth for about 2 years now. I was suppose to be having all 4 of them taken out after my baby was born 9 months ago, but my dentist changed his mind. Since then he has had to take one of them out (which I found extremely uncomfortable – scared of the dentist anyway, sorry) and no more problems with that area.  A week ago, I started to get pain in the right side of jaw and I couuldn’t get in my dentist so I asked them to prescribe me anti biotics that I’d pick up as I think I have an infection, and they did. They prescribed me metronizadol, and it really doesnt seem to be working, only getting worse. I’ve been taking co-codomol and ibuuprofen too, and they aren’t working either! Another problem I have is that I have a big chunk of tooth missing ouut one of my top molars on the right, and every time I drink, it’s agony there! And I’m ruubbish at taking tablets so holding the liquuid in my moutuh to take a tablet is agony so I’m not taking my medication like I shouuld be. Can my doctor refer me to hospital to have all my wisdom teeth taken outu? Or does it have to be a dentist. Becausue he seems really reluctant to let me have mine taken out, and I don’t want to be awake next time, but feel like sucuh a baby saying so.

February 9, 2012 at 6:51 pm #12869
Profile photo of Dr Avik Jonathan Dandapat
Dr Avik Jonathan Dandapat

HI THANKS FOR YOUR ENQUIRY – IM AFRAID THAT THE SITUATION MAYBE THAT THESE NEED TO BE REMOVED AND ALSO THE TOP MOLAR DELT WITH ASAP – ANTIBIOTICS WILL ONLY MASK THE PROBLEM AND TAKE UPTO 12 HOURS TO KICK IN – MY ADVISE IS GET YOUR GP/DENTIST TO REFER YOU TO A DENTAL HOSPITAL FOR TREATMENT HOWEVER WAITING LISTS CAN BE LONG IF NOT YOU CAN SEE A PRIVATE DENTIST AND GET THINGS SORTED ALOT QUICKER – MY ADVISE IS THAT IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR DENTIST FIND ONE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH – NHS DIRECT MAY ALSO BE ABLE TO HELP YOU

GOOD LUCK

Dr Avik J. Dandapat
BDS(Birm), MFGDP (UK) RCS Eng, Dip.Implant.Dent RCS Eng, (Adv.Cert.Implant RCS Eng)
More About Dr Avik J. Dandapat >

Clinic(s):
Twyford Dental & Implant Centre - 3 Church Street, Twyford, Reading, Berkshire

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions