Topic: Oral cancer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh Dr Azhar Sheikh 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 6, 2012 at 8:11 am #14242
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

Is biopsy test enough for detect oral cancer? an year ago i was chewing tobacco which cause a white patch on my gums i went to dentist immediately they said to me to go to biopsy test they take a part of tissue after that the reports are normal in December 2010 but i m still scared whenever i touched that part with tongue. the part where they take tissue is red and white very small area permanently no pain (sometime little bit pain) no increase in size .please suggest me is the biopsy test is enough to detect cancer?? and please suggest me any surgery and its cost in India for remove this or any medicine .i cant sleep due to this n going under depression please suggest.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of anonymous anonymous.
July 6, 2012 at 8:14 am #14244
Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh
Dr Azhar Sheikh

I understand your concern, fear of cancer can be extremely upsetting and disruptive. However I can reassure you that a biopsy is a diagnostic test for cancer
and if the test was negative then you can put your fear to rest. I you still have lingering doubts get referred back to the consultant who carried out the test and ask them to review the site in question and perhaps review the tissue sample then you can get some peace of mind.

I hope that helps, yours sincerely,

Dr Azhar Sheikh
BDS Manc MFGDP UK
More About Dr Azhar Sheikh >
Write a review

Clinic(s):
Life Dental Implants - 27-29 Warwick Way, Victoria, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions