Topic: I went to a dentist last Tuesday morning

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Stuart Orton-Jones I went to a dentist last Tuesday morning

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Stuart Orton-Jones Dr Stuart Orton-Jones 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 13, 2012 at 10:44 am #14432
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

Hi I went to a dentist last Tuesday morning to get a temporary crown put on, I was injected with something (not sure what) and the temp was put on. I was told the numbing would go away after a few hours, the next day the numbing was still there and the left side of my face is literally paralyzed is the best way to put it. My eyebrow on left wont arch, my lips on left are drooping, my left eye is constantly open (which bites for sleep), I can\’t feel my food, water and food come out, my speech is slurred and I have to talk out of the side of my mouth, every time I use mouthwash it just spits out, and I cant wink, blink quickly with the right, or close my completely. When my left eye does blink its extremely slow. I also struggle with smiling. My left eye is also watering after awhile I’m assuming from the fact it’s staying open longer than normal. I went to the dentist the next day and told them what was happening they took some more xrays and another dentist in the office- because mine was out for the day- examined me and told me to not \”worry, stress or freak out\” because it was rare but sometimes the nerve is \”nicked\” due to some people’s anatomy. But when I explained the eye issues he looked at me like I was crazy and made me feel like he didn’t believe me or I was making it up and said he had no idea cause he has never heard of anything like it before. I can feel touch on the outside and inside but my facial muscles are not working? It seems likes its progressively getting worse and I’m getting really scared. It’s been almost a week now and I’m getting worried and not sure if I should go back to get my permanent put on in a few days (Thursday), or if I should go somewhere else? Please help…..

July 13, 2012 at 10:46 am #14433
Profile photo of Dr Stuart Orton-Jones
Dr Stuart Orton-Jones

I am sorry to hear of your problem You may need to go to a hospital and see an Oral Surgeon or a Maxillo-facial Surgeon for an opinion

Usually these type of problems clear up after a while Ask your dentist to refer you if you do not improve

Best wishes

Dr Stuart Orton-Jones
B.D.S. L.D.S. R.C.S.
More About Dr Stuart Orton-Jones >
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions