Topic: I visited a dentist recently and I have a few issues.

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr V. J. Vadgama I visited a dentist recently and I have a few issues.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama Dr V. J. Vadgama 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 11, 2012 at 3:25 pm #14324
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

I visited a dentist recently and I have a few issues. The main one I want to correct is that I am missing both of my second premolars on my upper teeth. The dentist told me they will not grow. I have a gap on each side. The gaps are not big. I was browsing online and found a solution for gaps. They are these gap bands. Would it be possible to close my gaps using these bands. I don’t have the money to spend on false teeth right now and I don’t have insurance. The bands seem to be relatively inexpensive. It also says they close gaps up to 3.5mm. One of my gaps seems to be a big bigger. Would I still be able to use the bands for that gap?

July 11, 2012 at 3:25 pm #14325
Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama
Dr V. J. Vadgama

These DIY gap bands can sometimes work for gaps in the front teeth but I don’t think they will work for premolar gaps

I don’t recommend these GAP BANDS , as the results may be unstable and can cause damage to your teeth and gums.

You need to see an orthodontist and have a proper clinical examination when you can afford get a stable long term treatment solution to your problem
IN the mentime it may be a good advice not to proceed with DIY orthodontic treatment

Hope this is helpful

Dr V. J. Vadgama
B.D.S. L.D.S. R.C.S.
More About Dr V. J. Vadgama >

Clinic(s):
Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic - 149 High Street, Tenterden, Kent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions