Topic: I have been suffering from severe dental decay and pain for the last one year.

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Claire Titton I have been suffering from severe dental decay and pain for the last one year.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Claire Titton Dr Claire Titton 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
August 17, 2012 at 5:44 pm #15284
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

Dear Doctor, I have been suffering from severe dental decay and pain for the last one year.Since the pain is intermittent and bearable,I had not taken any treatments yet,but nowadays the pain has become so intensive that I can not even eat and also my left cheek has become completely swollen and red in colour.Well the decayed tooth is in my lower jaw(Molar tooth).I thought I must extract the decayed tooth and upon consultation I was prescribed with 3kinds of medicine to use it for 3days namely Augmentin 625mg,Voltfast 50mg&Metronidazole Tablets. How good these are to prevent swelling and infection,and what if I take my tooth after 3days with the appropriate usage of these medicine,Is there any chances of infection post to extraction?? I would be extremely grateful if you could assist me Thank you

August 17, 2012 at 5:45 pm #15285
Profile photo of Dr Claire Titton
Dr Claire Titton

Thank you for your email.

Post extraction there is a chance of infection due to bactera and debris and food. If you are a smoker this also increases the likeihood of infection. Taking the medication decreases the chance of infection but does not eliminate it entirely.

Good luck with the extraction.

Dr Claire Titton

More About Dr Claire Titton >

Clinic(s):
London City Smiles - 19-21 Islington High Street, Greater London, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions