Topic: i have an infection in my tooth

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama Dr V. J. Vadgama 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 14, 2012 at 8:05 am #14660
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

i have an infection in my tooth,which is going to be removed plus two crowns replaced i went for my first session unfortunatly i was late for the appointment i presumed the removal of the infected tooth would be first he removed old crowns and prepared and dressed them leaving the tooth to be removed in two weeks time this will be removed and replced with a crown with a bridge attached to cover the removed tooth and i wiil have a top tooth replaced with new crown all in one session. he muttered something about waiting a month for healing i am presuming this is the extraction,surely this is\’nt right the removed tooth will be bleeding and not ready for a bridged tooh?

July 14, 2012 at 8:06 am #14661
Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama
Dr V. J. Vadgama

I am sure if you discussed this issue with your dentist he or she will be happy to explain the procedure in more detais. however, it is
possible to extraxt a tooth and place a temporary bridge and in my practice we carry this procedure on a routine basis.

Once the extraction site has healed, a long term bridge can then be fabricated and fitted.

Hope this is helpful

Dr V. J. Vadgama
B.D.S. L.D.S. R.C.S.
More About Dr V. J. Vadgama >

Clinic(s):
Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic - 149 High Street, Tenterden, Kent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions