Topic: I have a strong instinct to faint from low blood-pressure because of blood and i

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Stuart Orton-Jones I have a strong instinct to faint from low blood-pressure because of blood and i

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Stuart Orton-Jones Dr Stuart Orton-Jones 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
August 4, 2012 at 8:33 pm #15115
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

I have a strong instinct to faint from low blood-pressure because of blood and injury. How do I get a molar surgically extracted (large root filling, tooth cracked and decayed) and deal with the bleeding wound afterwards? Can the amount of bleeding be reduced. Can any dressings, gels etc. be applied? Would sedation help me or would it lower my blood pressure and so add to my problems ? Have you treated any other patients with this blood/injury fainting problem ?

August 4, 2012 at 8:34 pm #15116
Profile photo of Dr Stuart Orton-Jones
Dr Stuart Orton-Jones

So long as you are treated lying flat you should be OK

You should not have a problem with bleeding if you are asked to bite on some gauze for 15 minutes after

When you get home and have a problem with bleeding bite on a clean handkerchief for 15 minutes

Sedation would not help

Best wishes

Dr Stuart Orton-Jones
B.D.S. L.D.S. R.C.S.
More About Dr Stuart Orton-Jones >
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions