Topic: I feel really self conscious when I talk or smile.

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Azhar Sheikh I feel really self conscious when I talk or smile.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh Dr Azhar Sheikh 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 14, 2012 at 10:15 am #14684
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

I feel really self conscious when I talk or smile. My teeth are naturally more yellow than other peoples, always have been and even when I went for a clean at the hygienist, they still looked yellowish. One of the front ones juts out slightly more than the other where they shifted after having my braces removed about 10 years ago. The one that sticks out actually appears more white than the one the other one, so it’s even more obvious. As well as all of this, the edges of the teeth seem to be thinning from enamel erosion or something. I spoke to my dentist about this but he said I have barely any loss of enamel and the thinning edges are normal and common. But to me, they look yellow, thin, weak and wonnky. What are my options? I’ve included a photo.

July 14, 2012 at 10:17 am #14685
Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh
Dr Azhar Sheikh

Looking at the photo it does seem that most of your issues with the teeth are largely cosmetic which is not to say that they are not important to you. Your considerations have to look at how important is it to have teh teeth looking different from they way they are now ie more aligned, whiter, brighter, longer etc tetc. You will then have to balance up the risk/cost versus benefit of teh treatment you seek. Cosmetic enhancement of your teeth can produce amazing changes in your appearance but also confidence, esteem and in many cases make people happier within themselves. However it comes at a cost to tooth preparation/ reduction and also financial outlay.

You need to have a cosmetic consultation with your dentist or another who is experienced in these techniques to discuss the mattrs I have raised above to help you make a decision.

I hope that helps. I am based in central London and if that is convenient I a happy to offer you a free consultation if you wish to get in touch.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Azhar Sheikh
BDS Manc MFGDP UK
More About Dr Azhar Sheikh >
Write a review

Clinic(s):
Life Dental Implants - 27-29 Warwick Way, Victoria, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions