Topic: I am having one of my teeth taken out.

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Claire Titton I am having one of my teeth taken out.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Claire Titton Dr Claire Titton 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 21, 2012 at 3:47 pm #14975
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

I am having one of my teeth taken out. It has had an abscess in the past, but that is gone now. But now there is only a little bit of tooth left thats visible. Im really worried that they will cut into my gum to get it out. Will they cut into my gum? If so will it hurt? How long will it be until i can eat on that side of the mouth again and how long will it be until my mouth is back to feeling normal and pain free? Thankyou for taking your time to read this. I hope you reply as im really worried.

July 21, 2012 at 3:48 pm #14976
Profile photo of Dr Claire Titton
Dr Claire Titton

Thank your for your email

Please try not to worry. Without examining you I can not say how they will get the tooth out. However you will be very numb and will not feel anything. Let them know if you require additional anaesthetic.

You will be able to eat soft foods on that side of your mouth in afew days. Following an extraction is important not to smoke and to rinse your mouth out with warm salt water.

Best of luck

Dr Claire Titton

More About Dr Claire Titton >

Clinic(s):
London City Smiles - 19-21 Islington High Street, Greater London, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions