Topic: have been to two dentists about pain around my wisdom tooth & a crowned tooth

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr V. J. Vadgama have been to two dentists about pain around my wisdom tooth & a crowned tooth

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama Dr V. J. Vadgama 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm #13214
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

Hi I have been to two dentists about pain around my wisdom tooth & a crowned tooth near it. I have all 4 wisdom teeth & never had problems before.  Both dentists (1 private, 1 Nhs) took x-rays. The private dentist advised either removing the wisdom tooth or trying to crown it – he saw a crack in the tooth & says it could be worth crowning as it will preserve \’balance\’ in my mouth & protect molars near it as I grind my teeth & they will take more pressure if the wisdom tooth goes. The Nhs dentist could not see a crack on her xrays & said the roots also looked fine so there was nothing to do. I still have bearable pain round this tooth & in my jaw but I am unsure whose opinion to trust & what I should do next. Can you help? The private dentist is my regular dentist & I have good oral health generally.

Thank you in advance Ruth

February 10, 2012 at 2:16 pm #13279
Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama
Dr V. J. Vadgama

hello ruth

If you are unsure about the treatment recommened, and if your symptoms are getting better, then its best to wait and not rush the treatment, how ever if you still not sure than a third private consultation would be required.

However, making crowns on wisdom teeth is performed on very rare occasions!

IF they are the cause of the problems, it best to remove them

Hope this is helpful

Dr V. J. Vadgama
B.D.S. L.D.S. R.C.S.
More About Dr V. J. Vadgama >

Clinic(s):
Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic - 149 High Street, Tenterden, Kent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions