Topic: For the orthodontist to do the mold for me to have braces i had to have my last

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr V. J. Vadgama For the orthodontist to do the mold for me to have braces i had to have my last

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama Dr V. J. Vadgama 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 13, 2012 at 12:11 pm #14489
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

For the orthodontist to do the mold for me to have braces i had to have my last baby tooth out. The adult tooth is only about half grown but will the othodontist still do the mold for my braces if it hasont fully grown ?

July 13, 2012 at 12:12 pm #14490
Profile photo of Dr V. J. Vadgama
Dr V. J. Vadgama

Normally the tooth has to be fully erupted before one can include this in the mould for orthodontic treatment, but in
some instances, even if the tooth is half erupted, taking a mould would be necessary as using orthodontic allpliances
to move this tooth into a proper place would be part of the plan.

I am sure if you ask your orthodontist the same question, he or she will be able to explain the plan , mould taking
sequence and the timing

Dr V. J. Vadgama
B.D.S. L.D.S. R.C.S.
More About Dr V. J. Vadgama >

Clinic(s):
Woodbury Dental and Laser Clinic - 149 High Street, Tenterden, Kent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions