Topic: Can I wear a retainer while on a dental bridge

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Stuart Orton-Jones Can I wear a retainer while on a dental bridge

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Stuart Orton-Jones Dr Stuart Orton-Jones 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
September 3, 2012 at 2:52 am #15557
Profile photo of This Is Dentistry
This Is Dentistry

I had braces before and I think the work is undone since there is a gap in between my upper teeth which is visible enough. I wore my braces religiously for the past 4 years and the gap is still there. I feel so frustrated and did a dental bridge a year ago since the dentist said my teeth are aligned.
After the dental bridge treatment, I stopped wearing my retainer. I assumed because the gap is filled so there is no reason to wear back my retainer. Also, the retainer wont fits the dental bridge.
Now after a year without wearing my retainer, I noticed that my teeth are moving and not aligned as before. Thus I have hard time to bite. Lately, I feel some pain while I was sleeping especially where the dental bridge is placed.
My concern is t is ok to wear my retainer since I have my dental bridge. I’m very worried if the metal of the retainer going to stress the dental bridge since that is the teeth involved.

September 13, 2012 at 2:06 pm #15586
Profile photo of Dr Stuart Orton-Jones
Dr Stuart Orton-Jones

It is possible that a “Repositioner” could be made to move the teeth back to the correct position

This is a removable retainer that is made from a model of your teeth that has had the teeth moved to the correct position

Your dentist would be able to do this for you

Best wishes

Dr Stuart Orton-Jones
B.D.S. L.D.S. R.C.S.
More About Dr Stuart Orton-Jones >
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions