Topic: 2 baby teeth at the front of my top set still and I am 25

A Comprehensive Dental Directory at Your Disposal Forums Ask a Dentist Dr Azhar Sheikh 2 baby teeth at the front of my top set still and I am 25

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh Dr Azhar Sheikh 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 9, 2012 at 8:26 pm #13020
Profile photo of anonymous
anonymous

I have 2 baby teeth at the front of my top set still and I am 25, I would really like to have straighter line, so was thinking about having a brace, but then this would address the main problem, my baby teeth. If my dentist suggests that I have these taken out and waiting for the adult ones for grow…..do you know how long roughly this would take? Just I am planning on going to Austrailia to work for a year in 4.5 months and would preferably like to not go with 2 missing teeth.

February 10, 2012 at 10:00 am #13045
Profile photo of Dr Azhar Sheikh
Dr Azhar Sheikh

Dear Respondent,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Although you have not said which adult teeth have yet to come through i am surmising that it is the canine teeth ( eye teeth). If they are misdirected they do not push out the baby teeth and replace them but stay buried in the jaw so the baby teeth remain in place.

In this case I feel an orthodontic opinion to go through the options with you would be preferable prior to any decisions. Any orthodontics treatment is almost certainly going to take longer than the time you have available so that may need to wait until you return from Australia. Another option would be to have the baby teeth removed and have provisional Maryland bridges placed. This would address the issue of the baby teeth and also possibly the alignment of the teeth and would be very quick and relatively economical. It would not address the matter of the buried adult teeth but this could await your reurn.

I’m sorry i cannot discuss this further due to insufficient information provided but if you wished to supply a photograph or x rays then we could delve into your case futher. However I am sure that your regular dentist or orthodontist will be more than capable of doing the same. i wouldbe happy with wahtever you decided.

I hope this helps,

Dr Azhar Sheikh
BDS Manc MFGDP UK
More About Dr Azhar Sheikh >
Write a review

Clinic(s):
Life Dental Implants - 27-29 Warwick Way, Victoria, London

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ask Our Dental Advisor a Question

Please choose your location
Please fill in a correct email
*Email
Image:

I agree with my question and answer being published on the this website (your name and email will not be published).

I would like to receive info about the latest news and competitions