Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that aims to improve the appearance of a person’s smile by lightening or whitening teeth that have been discolored or badly stained. Everyone wants to have pearly white teeth, unfortunately, due to several factors (aging, a diet full of caffeine and teeth-staining food and beverages, tobacco use, tooth decay) teeth can turn into a color that is not pleasant to look at; this is when people start to look for ways to whiten teeth and improve the appearance of their smiles.
This is Dentistry aims to provide you with the information you need about teeth whitening, so you can go about the whitening teeth quest with the details you need to make a wise decision. The search for a teeth whitening expert can start by looking at the comprehensive This is Dentistry dentist directory, where you can get the contact details of local dentists in your area who can effectively and professionally whiten teeth – all without going too far for the procedure.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
The different methods to whiten teeth all aim to give a person the brightest smile featuring truly pearly-white teeth. When a person goes through a successful teeth whitening procedure, he can get back the confidence to smile wide without worrying about what other people will stay about his badly stained or discolored teeth. A whole range of opportunities can be opened for a person who has successfully undergone teeth whitening – which can also lead to life-changing results.
Teeth Whitening Methods
- Laser Teeth Whitening – This method to whiten teeth is done in the dentist’s clinic’ the dentist makes use of a peroxide-based gel that is applied to the teeth. A special laser light is then used to activate the whitening properties of the peroxide-based gel; in the course of an hour or so, the teeth can be whitened or lightened by as much as 10 shades.
- Whitening Toothpastes – This teeth whitener is readily available in supermarkets and drug stores, and is very convenient to use. However, whitening toothpastes can remove only the stains or discolorations on the surface of the teeth. This teeth whitening method can effectively lighten or whiten the color of the teeth by one shade.
- Whitening Rinses – Similar to regular mouthwashes, whitening rinses contain ingredients that can whiten teeth – such as hydrogen peroxide. Whitening rinses are considered to be less effective compared to other over the counter teeth whitening methods, since the rinse comes into contact with the teeth for roughly 60 seconds every rinse.
- Over the Counter Whitening Gels or Strips – Whitening gels are peroxide-based, and are applied to the teeth using a brush applicator. Whitening strips, on the other hand, are almost invisible thin strips that are coated with peroxide-based gel; these strips are applied directly onto the teeth. Both methods are said to provide whitening results within a few months of continued use.
Most Popular Treatment & Problem Pages>
- Cosmetic Dentistry>
- Dental Implants>
- NHS Dentistry>
- Difference between NHS Dentistry and Private Dentistry>
- Jaw Ache>
- Teeth Whitening>
Most Popular Dentistry Topics
Get Free Advice on this Topic from our Online Dentists>
Complete ‘Up-to-date’ Guide on Dental Insurance>
Find a Good Dentist in Your Local Area>
Dental Blog: Dental Advice & Tips>
Dental News & Technological Developments>