Teeth straightening is helpful in improving the appearance and function of crooked or misaligned teeth. A lot of people are not blessed with naturally perfectly-aligned teeth, so they choose their preferred methods to straighten teeth – both for aesthetic and practical purposes. Teeth straightening can do wonders in improving the appearance of a person’s smile, and can also make it easier for a patient to clean teeth that have previously been crooked.
This is Dentistry will provide you with the information you need about teeth straightening, so you can make the smartest decisions when it comes to straightening teeth concerns and issues. You can start searching for straightening teeth dental experts by going through the comprehensive This is Dentistry dentist directory, where you can get the contact details of teeth straightening experts in your local area – so you do not have to go too far in your efforts to straighten teeth.
Teeth Straightening Methods
There are a number of teeth straightening dental procedures or methods that a patient can choose:
- Fixed Orthodontic Braces – Typically associated with young patients, this traditional method of teeth straightening involves attaching metal wires to the front of the teeth with brackets. The metal wires and brackets are adjusted and tightened periodically by a dentist or orthodontist, so they apply the right amount of gentle and gradual pressure to encourage the teeth to move into a more aligned position.
- Lingual Braces – This straightening teeth method is similar to the more traditional fixed orthodontic braces with metal wires – only with lingual braces, the wires are attached to the back part of the teeth, where they can go unnoticed. It is said that lingual braces are more uncomfortable compared to traditional orthodontic braces, and are used to treat severe orthodontic problems.
- Damon Braces – This method to straighten teeth does not use elastic ties, so it causes less irritation and no friction – which results to a more comfortable method to straighten teeth. Damon braces also provide teeth straightening results in a shorter period of time compared to conventional orthodontic/metal braces.
- Six-Month Smile – This new orthodontic treatment used to straighten teeth features tooth-colored wires and brackets, and concentrates on the teeth that are seen when a patient smiles – compared to moving all the teeth with traditional dental braces. This teeth straightening method uses nickel wires that can move the teeth concerned into the desired position in a little as six months.
- Invisalign – This method to straighten teeth is preferred by more adults because of the “invisibility” of the treatment – no metal wires can be seen, which can cause embarrassment for some adults. Clear aligners are used just like transparent gum shields, and move the teeth into the desired position gradually and effectively. The aligners can be removed when they need to be cleaned, or when the patient has to eat. The convenience and aesthetic advantages of Invisalign make it an increasingly popular method to straighten teeth.
Most Popular Treatment & Problem Pages>
- Cosmetic Dentistry>
- Dental Implants>
- NHS Dentistry>
- Difference between NHS Dentistry and Private Dentistry>
- Jaw Ache>
- Teeth Whitening>
Most Popular Dentistry Topics
Get Free Advice on this Topic from our Online Dentists>
Complete ‘Up-to-date’ Guide on Dental Insurance>
Find a Good Dentist in Your Local Area>
Dental Blog: Dental Advice & Tips>
Dental News & Technological Developments>