Mouth Ulcer Treatment
A mouth ulcer treatment is needed to effectively deal with mouth ulcers, so these ulcers will be prevented from further developing into more serious dental problems. The right treatment for mouth ulcer should be applied to avoid spreading any infection that the ulcers may have, and also to alleviate the pain and discomfort that a person with mouth ulcers is bound to experience.
This is Dentistry will give you the information you need to be able to get the right mouth ulcer treatment for your mouth ulcers, so you do not have to deal with the painful lesions for a longer period of time. You can start your search for a dentist in your local area by checking the comprehensive This is Dentistry dentist directory; the dentist will be able to help you even more by giving you the mouth ulcer treatment suited for your specific condition.
Causes of Mouth Ulcers
Here are some of the most common causes of mouth ulcers
- Inner cheeks being bitten (often by accident)
- Inner lining of the mouth being damaged by extremely hot or acidic food or beverages
- Dentures that do not fit properly, and may scrape the gums and the insides of the cheek
- Extremely rough/hard brushing of the teeth and gums
- Allergic reactions to certain food items
- Mouth lining being scraped by sucking hard on sweets
- Extremely dry mouth conditions
- Body lacking in certain vitamins, such as folic acid, iron or B-vitamins
- Side-effect of certain medications
Mouth Ulcer Treatment
There are various ways you can go about your treatment for mouth ulcer. A simple mouth ulcer can heal by itself within 14 days, however there are mouth ulcers treatment options that can provide temporary relief. Some of the mouth ulcer treatment options can prevent further damage to the area affected by the mouth ulcer, while other treatment for mouth ulcer can treat the bacterial infection and ease the pain.
- Gel Treatments – This mouth ulcers treatment form a protective layer over the mouth ulcer, and mostly work in alleviating the pain and discomfort caused by the mouth ulcer.
- Paste Treatments – This type of treatment for mouth ulcer gives a protective layer over the ulcer, which helps in faster healing, decreased discomfort and less swelling. A mouth ulcer treatment like paste treatments can prevent the ulcer from worsening further, if it is used in the earliest stages.
- Liquid Paint Treatments – This treatment for mouth ulcer can also provide a protective layer over the ulcer, but generally needs to be re-applied more often compared to gel and paste treatments.
- Anti-bacterial Mouthwash – An anti-bacterial mouthwash is a good mouth ulcer treatment, especially if there are a few mouth ulcers present, and if they are located in hard-to-reach areas.
Most Popular Treatment & Problem Pages>
- Cosmetic Dentistry>
- Dental Implants>
- NHS Dentistry>
- Difference between NHS Dentistry and Private Dentistry>
- Jaw Ache>
- Teeth Whitening>
Most Popular Dentistry Topics
Get Free Advice on this Topic from our Online Dentists>
Complete ‘Up-to-date’ Guide on Dental Insurance>
Find a Good Dentist in Your Local Area>
Dental Blog: Dental Advice & Tips>
Dental News & Technological Developments>