Gum Disease Treatment
The gum disease treatment that a patient needs will depend on the diagnosis of his specific symptoms, as well as the present condition of his dental health. Treatment for gum disease will be done by a dentist or a periodontist, who specializes in the treatment, prevention and proper diagnosis of gum (periodontal) problems.
You can get the information you need about gum disease treatments here at This is Dentistry, because we value the importance of getting all the information you need as you try to decide the gum disease treatment that best suits your needs. This is Dentistry also offers a comprehensive dentist directory where you can get the contact information of dentists in your local area, so you can clarify the issues you want regarding specific gum disease treatments.
Gum Disease Treatment Options
Your dentist will first have to properly diagnose the underlying cause of your specific gum problem before suggesting what gum disease treatment option you can have. Here are some of the gum disease treatment options that your dentist or periodontist can suggest:
- Non-Surgical Treatments – A non-invasive and non-surgical treatment may be tried by your dentist or periodontist as a preliminary gum disease treatment option. Non-surgical treatments include scaling and root planing, which involve the thorough cleaning of root surfaces to remove tartar and plaque.
- Periodontal Surgery – A surgical treatment for gum disease may be needed when your dentist or periodontist determines that non-surgical treatments will not effectively solve your gum problem. A treatment for gum disease that is surgical in nature includes: regenerative procedures, soft tissue grafts, crown lengthening and pocket reduction procedures.
- Cosmetic Procedures – Cosmetic procedures may be combined with another treatment for gum disease for improved appearance and function. Some of the cosmetic procedures that may be done to address gum diseases include ridge augmentation, soft tissue grafts and crown lengthening.
Gum Disease Natural Treatment
Gum disease natural treatment may be done in the comfort of your own home, and can provide temporary relief from the discomfort that gum diseases bring.
- Vitamin C – vitamin C helps protect gums from gum diseases, and can help with connective tissue repair; it can also aid in bone regeneration.
- Tea Tree Oil – This gum disease natural treatment can be used for severe gingivitis; when tea tree oil is applied directly to the affected area, the symptoms of gingivitis can be eased more quickly.
- Cranberry Juice – Very effective in preventing bacteria from sticking to gums and teeth. Make sure to get the sugar-free variant to avoid consuming too much sugar.
Most Popular Treatment & Problem Pages>
- Cosmetic Dentistry>
- Dental Implants>
- NHS Dentistry>
- Difference between NHS Dentistry and Private Dentistry>
- Jaw Ache>
- Teeth Whitening>
Most Popular Dentistry Topics
Get Free Advice on this Topic from our Online Dentists>
Complete ‘Up-to-date’ Guide on Dental Insurance>
Find a Good Dentist in Your Local Area>
Dental Blog: Dental Advice & Tips>
Dental News & Technological Developments>