There are certain medical conditions and concerns that need the attention of an emergency dentist; these emergency dentists offer their services 24 hours a day, seven days a week for those patients who just cannot wait until regular clinic hours for the diagnosis and treatment of their specific dental concerns, most of which are painful and uncomfortable.
This is Dentistry will help you in getting all the information you need about an emergency dentist in your area, so you will know where to find the emergency dentists if you are faced with a dental emergency that will not wait for regular dentist's clinic hours. Your search for an emergency dentist in your local area can start by browsing through the comprehensive This is Dentistry dentist directory, where you can get the contact details of an emergency dentist in your area – because it pays to be ready, in case you suddenly need to see an emergency dentist.
Dental Conditions/Issues that Need Emergency Dentists
These are just some of the conditions you may experience that need the attention of emergency dentists:
- Cracked Tooth – A cracked tooth may result from an accident or injury, and will need the attention of an emergency dentist; this is to prevent further damage from happening to the affected tooth.
- Knocked Out Teeth – Teeth that have been knocked out due to accidents or injuries need to be seen immediately by an emergency dentist, as there is a possibility that the teeth (or tooth) can still be restored.
- Damaged Dental Implant/Crown/Bridge – Damage to dental implants, dental crowns or dental bridges need to be addressed immediately, and should be seen by emergency dentists, to avoid the damage from worsening.
- Severe Toothache – A toothache that does not go away for several days (or even hours) will need to be checked by an emergency dentist, so it can be properly diagnosed and treated – giving the patient the much needed pain relief he may already be begging for.
- Dental Abscess – A dental abscess is the accumulation of pus caused by bacteria in the infected area. When a patient has dental abscess, emergency dentists will need to check the area thoroughly to inspect if a foreign object is causing the infection – or if the infection itself needs to be addressed immediately. An emergency dentist can help the patient get relief from that pain that may be caused by the dental abscess.
- Severe Gum Pain – A patient who is suffering from severe gum pain will need to see an emergency dentist, so the dental issue can be immediately addressed – and pain relief can be given in the soonest possible time.