Save Yourself – and Those around You –
from Bad Breath
No one wants to smell bad breath – on themselves or on anyone else in their immediate vicinity. The very thought of smelling the foul odor coming from your own mouth will likely be enough to send you in a frenzy to find a way to cure bad breath immediately! It will help a lot if you know what bad breath causes are, so you will be empowered with the knowledge to stop this foul-smelling dental problem.
Bad Breath Information Video by NHSchoices
Bad Breath Causes
Even though bad breath is not contagious, it can cause embarrasment and make you feel insecure. We will give you some of the bad breath causes so you can have the power to stop or even cure bad breath before it even starts – and enjoy living your life with the knowledge that talking or opening your mouth will not cause others to run as quickly as possible from your presence.
- “Morning Mouth” or “Morning Breath” – this is a common bad breath cause, which is usually experienced upon waking up after a few hours of sleeping. While you are awake – and especially during the daytime – there is an active production of saliva in your mouth; the saliva is responsible for washing away odors coming from decaying food. While you sleep, less saliva is produced, and your mouth becomes dry – the perfect breeding ground for bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Mouth Infections – Infections due to cavities and gum diseases can result to bad breath. This bad breath cause can be remedied by having dentists check the infections so they can be treated effectively.
- Poor Dental Practices/Hygiene – You cannot expect to avoid bad breath if you shy away from brushing your teeth regularly, or if you do not want to remove bits of food stuck in between your teeth through proper flossing. Proper dental hygiene is one of the most important aspects to think about in dealing with bad breath causes.
- Food/Drinks/Tobacco – Bad breath causes can also come from various food items like garlic and onions; drinks like coffee and red wine – especially if proper hygiene is not practiced after drinking these beverages – can also cause bad breath. Smoking cigarettes and tobacco can also contribute to bad breath causes.
- Respiratory Tract Infections and other Illnesses – these bad breath causes stem from internal organs and not just from the mouth itself.
Bad Breath Detector – Cambridge (Embarrassing Bodies)
Bad Breath – The Indications
Preventing and Treating Bad Breath
Prevention and treatment of bad breath causes can be as easy as practicing proper dental/oral hygiene. However, in some cases, your dentist may prescribe an oral antiseptic that can kill odor-causing germs in the mouth; a thorough checkup of your teeth and gums can also help your dentist in determining the proper treatment for a specific bad breath cause.
Most Popular Treatment & Problem Pages>
- Cosmetic Dentistry>
- Dental Implants>
- NHS Dentistry>
- Difference between NHS Dentistry and Private Dentistry>
- Jaw Ache>
- Teeth Whitening>
Most Popular Dentistry Topics
Get Free Advice on this Topic from our Online Dentists>
Complete ‘Up-to-date’ Guide on Dental Insurance>
Find a Good Dentist in Your Local Area>
Dental Blog: Dental Advice & Tips>
Dental News & Technological Developments>