The way your teeth looks like can have a great impact on the appearance of your overall smile; the appearance of your teeth can also determine the attractiveness of your whole face. A beautiful face can adversely be affected when you smile with teeth that are improperly aligned, which can affect the overall symmetry of your face.
Orthodontics deals with the treatment of improperly aligned teeth or crooked teeth, and can provide both cosmetic and clinical improvement on the overall dental health. Teeth that are improperly aligned or crooked can look unattractive – and they can also hinder the proper function of teeth, which can in turn result to the development of dental problems later on in life.
Benefits of Orthodontics Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry through orthodontics can vastly improve the appearance of your smile. Teeth that have once been crooked or improperly aligned can be corrected with the use of orthodontics cosmetic dentistry – and the result is a healthy looking smile with perfectly aligned teeth that you can flash whenever you wish to smile!
- Orthodontics cosmetic dentistry can also improve your speech, which may have been hindered by an improper bite or improperly aligned teeth. Some individuals who have issues with improperly aligned teeth find it difficult to enunciate words properly (due to the incorrect position of the teeth).
- Better overall dental health can be achieved with the help of orthodontics as well. Crooked teeth can be difficult to clean, and can cause dental problems to develop in the long run. Orthodontics cosmetic dentistry can provide proper teeth alignment, so that teeth can be easier to clean.
- Bruxism or excessive teeth clenching/teeth grinding is often a problem for people who have improperly aligned teeth. The teeth clenching or teeth grinding can be an unconscious activity that is made worse with the incorrect position of the teeth. Orthodontics can move the teeth into a more properly aligned position, to minimise or even eliminate unnecessary teeth grinding or teeth clenching.
- An improper bite can contribute to the development of TMJ or temporomandibular joint problems; improper alignment can cause the teeth to forcefully grind against one another, putting unnecessary stress and force on the jaw joints. Cosmetic dentistry through orthodontics can provide proper teeth alignment, so that the jaw joints are not exposed to unnecessary force or pressure.
Do you have crooked or improperly aligned teeth? Have you had any experiences with an orthodontic treatment? Please LEAVE A REPLY below, and share your experiences and comments with us!